MISSIONS OF THE S.A.H SERVICE ACCUEIL HANDICAP (DISABLED STUDENTS WELCOME SERVICE) OF THE UNIVERSITIES OF GRENOBLE
- Information/Guidance/Advice : Providing information on the rights and regulatory provisions that apply to students. Raising awareness among university staff about the challenges faced by disabled students. Orientation and advice to help students choose a curriculum or a filed of studies.
- Providing support, material and educational assistance : Offering the services of a secreatry to help you take notes or to write what you dictate during exams. Creating a file for personalised material assistance. Providing specialised equipment and learning didactic. Helping you improve your computer skills. Providing tutoring and educational support. Providing aid for transport and travel on the campus site (shuttle financed by the Conseil Général (Department Council).
- Accessibility Cell : Ever since 1993, this cell has provided expert and consultancy services regarding all architectural problems linked to disability.
- Project GreCo (Grenoble Open Campus) : Providing specific computer stations dedicated to interactive multimedia distance learning.
- Professional integration of disabled people : The action undertaker by the SAH in this field aims at helping all disabled students to build their own professional project.
Some figures : About 390 diasabled students have been lised in the Universities of Grenoble
In 2005-2006, Social Services handled the cases of 132 disabled students, which resulted in 330 interviews.